Men and women wear compression socks and stockings to weddings for a number of reasons. Some of us have to wear compression socks every day, no matter what the occasion. Others prefer to wear compression socks and stockings when they’re on their feet for long periods of time, From cocktail hour to the dance floor, there’s plenty of time spent on your feet at a wedding. Swollen ankles and feet with tired, heavy legs are a common side effect to so much fun. Keep those legs energized, fresh and healthy with our list of recommended socks for men and women at a wedding.
Brides and Bridesmaids
Most likely you’re looking for a sheer stockings and possibly an open toe so that you can wear the perfect peep toe shoes. We recommend going with the one of the sheerest products on the market so they don’t take away from your dress:
- EverSheer by Sigvaris. This is available in 15-20 mmhg, 20-30 mmhg and 30-40 mmhg with open or closed toe. Added bonus – the thigh high has a pretty sexy top band.
- Sheer & Soft by Medi. This product is available in 8-15 mmhg, 15-20 mmhg, 20-30 mmhg and 30-40 mmhg with open or closed toe.
Grooms, Groomsmen and Male Guests
Men have it a bit easier since most weddings require trousers that cover up your socks. No need to sacrifice fashion for happy feet, though. Here are our favorite men’s socks for weddings:
- Sockwell Socks for Men. If you just need a light compression (15-20 mmhg) to keep you dancing all night, check our selection of Sockwell socks. They’re available in Argyle, Stripes, and Geometric patterns.
- Therafirm CoreSpun Socks – These socks range in compression level from 10-15 mmHg, 15-20 mmhg, 20-30 mmhg and 30-40 mmhg. Plus, they’re available in white, khaki, navy and black to match your pants.
- Mediven For Men – Available in a classic ribbed pattern and a newer, sleek waffle knit in 15-20 mmhg, 20-30 mmhg and 30-40 mmhg.
As a guest of the wedding, you have more liberty for flare in your sock and stocking choices. If you need a sheer stocking, check the options listed under Bride and Bridesmaids above. If you’re looking for something different (patterns, opaques and more!), check the options below.
- Sigvaris Allure – Available in thigh highs and pantyhose, these stockings have a stylish diamond knit in the semi-sheer fabric. Perfect to add pizzazz to a little black dress. Available in 15-20 mmhg and 20-30 mmhg.
- Allegro Microfiber – If you’re looking for a basic opaque stocking at a great price in black (and soon charcoal and wine!), check out the Allegro Microfiber Thigh Highs, which get amazing reviews. Available in 15-20 mmHg and 20-30 mmHg.
- RejuvaHealth – From polka dot sheers to florals, RejuvaHealth has the most stylish patterns in compression stockings. Available in knee highs, thigh highs and pantyhose in 15-20 mmhg and 20-30 mmhg.