In the world of compression alternatives the new “ThinGrip” from Farrow Medical is a revolutionary product. The fabric is extremely thin and lightweight, with a porous lining that gently grips the skin but also breaths. Many alternative compression garments are big, bulky and prone to slipping. ThinGrip doesn’t slip and has a very low profile which means you don’t have to dress to accommodate your compression garment.
ThinGrip can be worn without a liner. This means you stay cooler, the garment is thinner, and it’s easier to don. ThinGrip still provides a high working compression when you are active, so that it can be used to treat mild, moderate, and even some severe cases of edema.
Why would you wear a FarrowWrap garment instead of a traditional compression stocking? Here are a few of the many reasons:
- Traditional compression stockings are too difficult to put on
- Compression is needed round-the-clock
- Your swelling fluctuates significantly throughout the day
- Skin is too fragile or it’s too painful to pull on a traditional stocking
- You have a nonstandard limb shape
FarrowWrap ThinGrip is available for the foot, calf, thigh and hand. Ask your therapist if ThinGrip is right for you.